Fairtex owns safe welding habitat systems ready for deployment for safe hot work on production facilities to protect people working in hazardous environments including offshore and onshore oil and gas production facilities, chemical processing plants, refineries, utilities, marine and water treatment.
Welding Habitat System is designed to allow naked flame or hot work activity such as welding, grinding, cutting, to be carried out without the need for a plant/production shutdown.
Pressurization – Breathable air is constantly supplied into the Welding Habitat System to prevent the ingress of explosive gases or vapors which are often present at offshore platform / oil and gas plants.
Containment – Welding Habitat System enclosure is arrange to prevent welding slag and welding/grinding sparks from escaping to the possible explosive environment.
Welding Habitat Systems are often associated with the offshore oil and gas industry because there is likely the presence of explosive gases or vapors.
The expansion of safety awareness leads the usage of Welding Habitat System to onshore oil and gas industry, power plants and any work plant where flammable/explosive gases or vapors is very likely to present.
Fairtex Integrated Services Ltd in preparation of habitat deployment, will conduct a site survey for your project to develop a detailed understanding of the scope and its associated risks and controls. This enables our team to add real value by proactively formulating the best approach to any specific application, ensuring our solution keeps the work force safe under normal operating and production conditions.
We offer two levels of site survey:
- Basic specification of project requirements
- Habitat requirements
- Manpower requirements
- Step by step description of how to carry out works
- General design information
- Ventilation and power supply requirements
- Basic lighting, fire protection, escape route requirements
- Generic habitat 3D model drawings based on information provided
- Generic scaffold requirements
- Relevant QMS documentation
- Full project site survey
- Habitat survey
- HSE requirements
- Manpower requirements
- Specific outputs from meetings with operations, scaffolding team and other stakeholders on site
- Exact requirements for power, escape routes, fire protection
Escape plans (where required)
- Scaffold plans and drawings
- A detailed communications plan